M Group Services, the leading provider of services to essential infrastructure markets in the
UK, has celebrated the delivery and dedication of people who have gone the extra mile in its first Beyond Expectations Awards ceremony.
Designed to recognise great performance across M Group Services and its operating
businesses, the event was hosted by Andrew Findley, M Group Services’ Chief Financial
Officer and Designate CEO, at the Soho Hotel in London.
The awards, the first to be hosted across the whole Group, reflect its four values: People,
Safety, Delivery and Integrity.
Andrew Findlay said: “Our people are the heart of our organisation and all it achieves. Our
new Beyond Expectations Awards are an important way to recognise the brilliance and
success of our people who regularly go above and beyond in their delivery for our clients
and their customers.
“We are proud to celebrate their achievements and it was a privilege for me to present the
awards. I congratulate everyone who has been recognised this year.”
The award winners are:
People: Engaging and empowering everyone to deliver and grow.
Leader of the Year recognises someone who sets an outstanding example to others,
encouraging, inspiring and guiding others to perform at their best.
• Winner: Kerry Duke, Head of Service Delivery for Morrison Water Services on the
Thames Water contract.
• Runners up: Martin Natella, Operational Performance & Support Services Manager
on the Morpheus Project at Avonline Networks and Jack Palin, Commercial Manager
at Morrison Water Services.
The Team of the Year always strives to deliver more for their colleagues, our clients and
their customers, finding new ways of working which continuously explore how we can do
• Winner: Milestone Infrastructure Hampshire Highways Storm Response team.
• Runner up: Milestone Infrastructure Oxfordshire Highways team.
Safety: We put the health, safety and wellbeing of people first.
The Safe Individual Award recognises someone who sets a consistently excellent example
through their safe behaviour and work.
• Winner: Thomas Greenwood, Supervisor at PMP Utilities.
• Runner up: Simon Lund, Team Leader at PMP Utilities.
The Safe Team Award recognises consistently excellent team examples of safety, ensuring
everyone feels respected and cared for.
• Winner: Milestone Infrastructure Creating Safety Team for Oxfordshire Highways.
• Runner up: Thames Water Smart Metering team.
The importance of reinforcing company or team wellbeing initiatives and seeking to enhance
the good health and wellbeing of our people is recognised by the Health and Wellbeing
• Winner: Lyndsey Curtis, Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor at
Morrison Energy Services.
• Runner Up: Elaine Coldwell, Safety, Sustainability and Wellbeing Advisor at Dyer &
Delivery: Helping deliver our clients’ business needs.
The Individual Delivery Award is for an individual who has demonstrated exceptional
commitment to support the needs of our clients, delivering great results in a sustainable way.
• Winner: Gerald Barnett, Senior Accountant at Milestone Infrastructure.
• Runners up: Jason Hanney, Chief Estimator at Milestone Infrastructure and Abi
Masters, Solutions Support Lead for Morrison Water Services.
The Team Delivery Award recognises consistent attentiveness and appreciation for the
needs of our clients’ customers. The award is for a team that knows what success looks like.
(1) Graham Dodes, Operations Delivery Manager, Shane Wilding, Area Manager and
Zeke Rowe, Highways & Streetlighting Maintenance Manager with all members of
the highways and street lighting depot team at Milestone Infrastructure.
(2) Ari Fileman, Task Team Leader and Edward Stewart, General Operative from
Morrison Water Services.
(3) Team leaders Lee Seager, Dean Rowden and Michael Ward, Sophie Chadwick,
Office Team Leader and Paige Thompson, Administrator from Morrison Data
The Innovation Champion Award is for someone who has successfully created or
implemented a new way of working, successfully embedding innovation that adds value to
our business and for our clients.
• Winner: Samuel Cawte, Senior Project Engineer at Morrison Energy Services.
• Runner Up: Lyn Blackwell, Buyer at Milestone Infrastructure.
Integrity: Behaving respectfully and in a sustainable manner to the individual our
communities and the environment.
The importance of our care for the communities in which we work is at the heart of the
Community Leader Award. It might be a selfless deed, giving up their own time to enhance
a community or taking proactive steps to minimise the impact our work has on local people.
• Winner: Kevin Levens, Project Manager at Morrison Water Services.
• Runner up: Jen Goldsworthy, Resourcing Manager at M Group Services’ Water
The Environmental Sustainability Award recognises actions that reflect our commitment
to working in a responsible and sustainable way.
• Winner: Caledonia Water Alliance (CWA) Burncrooks project team. Caledonia Water
Alliance is a partnership between Morrison Water Services and AECOM for Scottish
• Runner Up: Keith McWilliams, Contract Manager at Milestone Infrastructure and the
Peterborough Highways Contract.
In addition, the judges awarded Highly Commended certificate to six people who they felt
deserved special recognition.
• Zach Lycett, Assistant Plant Manager for M Group Services Plant and Fleet
• Dan Clover, Highways Supervisor for Milestone Infrastructure Hampshire Highways
• Chris West, Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor for Morrison
• Ben Morgan, General Foreman, Dyer & Butler.
• Jason Wood, Supervisor and Liam Gatenby, Operative from PMP Utilities.