Highways England has started the search for companies interested in helping it deliver the next generation of Pavement Delivery Framework.
The new £1.3bn framework will replace the previous surfacing and pavement arrangement, and a formal invitation is expected in February 2022.
Before that, it is planning to hold a industry day 29 June, which interested parties can apply for by email by June 22nd.
The exisiting frameowrk of six geographical areas with two lots, will be replaced by eight region lots based around HE’s regional maintenance areas, reports Construction Enquirer.
These will be:
- North Super Region: Areas 10, 12, 13 and 14
- Central Super Region: Areas 6, 7, 8 and 9
- South Super Region: Areas 1, 2, 3 and 4
- North East Region: Areas 12 and 14
- North West Region: Areas 10 and 13
- Midlands Region: Areas 7 and 9
- East Region: Areas 6 and 8
- South West Region: Areas 1 and 2.