LGTAG Presidential Conference: Collaborative Research – From Research to Reality

The LGTAG annual conference this year will be focussing on: Collaborative Research – From Research to Reality and is to be held at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford on the 5th June 2024

The Highways Sector is a vast array of many varied disciplines. It relies upon many new technologies and processes, from connected vehicles to gulley sensors and everything in between and progress in all aspects relies upon research to bring them into business as usual.

Collaborative research plays a pivotal role in the shaping the future of our highways. It is widely recognised that there is a need for innovation and knowledge exchange to address pressing challenges we all face whilst delivering ongoing commitments and obligations.

National Highways has outlined its approach in its “Innovation and Research Strategy”, but as we are all aware that accounts for 2% of the UK network. Local Roads make up the remaining 98% of the network and it is essential that we adopt a similar approach to ensure we act collaboratively to ensure we direct the research into the areas the sector needs. We should be supporting academia and utilising the resources that are available through them to really push the research into reality.

The conference will bring together the key decision makers, academia, organisations who have been successful in research projects becoming reality, representatives from the supply chain and thought leaders from the sector.

These influential speakers will highlight what works and identify some of the gaps we need to fill in terms of opportunities and awareness of how we can work more collaboratively and make a real difference in bringing the theory into practice.

The conference will allow connections to be made between organisations that can support each other in their endeavours to promote the correct research that can usefully be brought into reality.

For more information or to register for the event, click HERE.


Related Stories


All the latest highways news direct to your inbox every week day

Subscribe now