The Future Transport Visions Group (FTVG) is pleased to announce five projects awarded research funding through the Rees Jeffreys Road Fund.
After an engaging few months of workshops and collaboration involving over 50 participants, the FTVG Steering Group has awarded over £18,000 initial funding to five project teams. Participants in each team will spend the next three months undertaking their project to shape the future of transport.
The five successful projects are:
- Implications of Covid-19 for travel patterns and transport planning: A Prospectus; Charles Wain, Emily Cowling and Ian Woodhouse
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles Road Scoring Index; Lawrence Penn, Ramit Raunak, Emma Leworthy
- CAV-Track: Feasibility Study for “Un-Beeching” with autonomous vehicles; Gergely Raccuja, Nicola Laird, Rob Henley
- Gender Equality Toolkit for Transport; Molly Hoggard, Marie Godward, Laura Brooks
- Future Transport, Manchester Ad Collective; Sarah Kumeta, Tafta Nugraha, Dong Zhao, Steven Russell
The group’s vision is “to sustain a diverse group of early career professionals to consider some of the challenges and opportunities posed by ongoing changes in the transportation industry and outline how these changes are pertinent to the future careers of transport professionals.” All groups will present their findings at an FTVG Forum in July 2021, where a winning project will also be selected.
(Picture – FTVG)