A new conference that has been set up to drive the debate on the subject of managing skid resistance on the UK road network, will take place in Reading on September 14th.
Managing Skid Resistance UK – The Facts and the Friction-will give local authorities and other road operators insight into how to better manage skid resistance and understand how this can be successful delivered as part of a more proactive maintenance strategy.
The conference will ask: with several challenges facing road operators including declining budgets, how can local authorities delivery maintenance programmes more effectively in a way that encompasses the full armoury of surface treatments and techniques at their disposal?
Organised by LCRIG on behalf of the RSTA in association with WDM and WJ Group, this one-day conference, which is also supported by Highways News, will discuss:
• The role of skid resistance in keeping roads safe
• Delivery schemes that are consistently reducing carbon
• What are your legal responsibilities?
• Designing for skid resistance and how to chose the right materials
• A new approach to skid measurement
• Managing friction-investigatory levels
• Surface dressing, retexturing and predictive maintenace-an update
• Looking to the future-a panel debate
You can view more details and book a delegate place at: Managing Skid Resistance UK – RSTA (rsta-uk.org)