West Sussex County Council has announced it has awarded more than £10 million worth of contracts to companies which will deliver highway improvements in this financial year.
The successful bidders for planned road, footway and infrastructure works are:
- Road resurfacing Tarmac Trading Limited
- Footway improvements FM Conway Ltd
- Carriageway maintenance and localised surfacing programme Associated Asphalt Contracting
- Carriageway and footway microasphalt maintenance and improvements Eurovia Infrastructure Limited
- Highway improvements such as: controlled crossing provision, refuge islands, road safety schemes, plus traffic calming and cycleway provision – Landbuild Ltd
Roger Elkins, Cabinet Member for Highways and Infrastructure, said:” Congratulations to all the successful bidders: these five companies will be at the forefront of planned highway improvements this financial year and we look forward to working with them.
“West Sussex Highways introduced a new contract framework for 2020/21 which we anticipate will provide improved value for money for council taxpayers. It also provides opportunities to explore innovations that will benefit residents, businesses and visitors using our highway network.”
The 2020/21 Highway and Transport Delivery Programmes, which detail planned schemes on the West Sussex roads and footways, including bridges and public rights of way, can be seen online