Lancashire County Council is advertising for a single Contractor to act as consultant to assist with work to reconfigure the M6 at junction 33 and a range of other work.
It is advertising fort design and statutory procedure support and to undertake the construction as the main Contractor of the highway infrastructure for the Lancaster South Growth Catalyst project.
The components of the infrastructure interventions included in the tender are:
• Reconfiguration of M6 Junction 33 relocating the north facing slip roads 2 km northwards maintaining connectivity to the southern facing slip roads with a connector road parallel to the motorway.
• A new highway connection from the vicinity of the new northern slip roads to the principal highway network A6 north of Galgate forming a bypass of the village for motorway bound traffic.
• A 300m link under the West Coast Main Line to connect to the Bailrigg Garden Village site.
• New 2km (approximately) spine road though the garden village site.
• Link from spine road to A588 including canal bridge.
The closing date is 24 September and more details are available here.