The organisation tasked with co-ordinating the development and introduction of driverless vehicles to the UK’s roads, Zenzic, has announced five winners of its “CAM Scale-Up” programme aimed at helping UK self-driving start-ups get on the road to market success.
Five UK-based self-driving start-ups will split £500,000 funding pot and work and be given a chance to test products on world-leading CAM Testbed UK facilities.
The Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme is supported by the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV), and delivered in partnership with innovation platform Plug and Play. Zenzic says it’ll give the winning SMEs valuable time and support to validate safety and security elements of their product and that the programme offers a unique opportunity to test their products in realistic environments across the various CAM Testbed UK facilities allowing them to deliver better connected and self-driving technology solutions to market faster.
The five winning SMEs are:
- Angoka: Angoka provides hardware-based solutions for managing the cybersecurity risks inherent in machine-to-machine communication networks used for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities and Critical Infrastructure.
- Beam Connectivity: Beam Connectivity helps unlock the value in the data generated by vehicle fleets. Their Connected Vehicle as a Service (CVaaS) is a robust platform connecting vehicles, cloud, IT infrastructure and mobile apps.
- Eatron Technologies: Eatron Technologies is an intelligent Software products and solutions company specialising in Electric and Autonomous vehicles.
- Helix Technologies:Helix Technologies is developing a range of compact, high-performance, dielectric-loaded ceramic antennas for use in a wide range of demanding telecommunications and navigation applications.
- RoboK: Cambridge-based start-up RoboK is developing cost-effective 3D sensing software solutions for low-power embedded computing platforms.
Daniel Ruiz, CEO of Zenzic, said, “We were incredibly impressed with the level of quality showcased by all the companies who were shortlisted, and we sincerely thank them for entering. The five exciting companies who are being enrolled in the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme deserve particular congratulations for what they have achieved so far and for the huge strides forward they are taking. The UK has a strong track record delivering trusted, world-class solutions across safety assurance, cyber security, simulation, and certification. All these capabilities are vital to support the safe roll out of CAM services over the next 10 years, as per the UK Connected and Automated Mobility Roadmap to 2030. The Zenzic CAM Scale-Up programme will enable the winning SMEs, who are already working in these sectors, to deliver their innovative products to market much faster. The opportunity to safeguard and support new UK capabilities is now all the more important as the country seeks to accelerate growth out of the sharp economic downturn.”
(Picture – Zenzic)