A new range of contracts for construction, civil engineering and road infrastructure projects in the city worth up to a total of £242million in Glasgow are now available to bid for.
The council will be seeking contractors that can deliver all elements for the construction, repair and maintenance of these projects, including:
• Road Surfacing and Civil Engineering Road Works;
• Proprietary Thin Surfacing Treatments on Carriageways and Footways;
• Streetscape and Public Realm Works;
• Road & Surface Marking and Anti-Skid/High Friction Surfacing;
• Temporary Traffic Management;
• General Bridge & Structural Works, Road and Decorative Lighting Works, and Seasonal and Event Lighting Works;
• Painting of Street Lighting Columns and Heritage Repair and Restoration;
• Groundworks, Tree Works, Landscape Construction & Ground Maintenance; and
• General Fencing, Barriers & Gates, Playground Installation & Surfacing Works, Masonry Works, and Pontoon Works
Councillor Susan Aitken, Leader of Glasgow City Council and City Convener for Inclusive Economic Growth, said: “These major contracts will bring jobs and opportunities for local people and organisations to work on projects that improve Glasgow’s economy in the short and long-term. I would invite all those interested in bidding for these contracts to visit the procurement website.”
Appointment of suppliers to this framework will take place on 1 May 2019. Further opportunities for specific contract awards will begin in mid-2019, continuing for a 3 year period thereafter plus a potential extension period(s) of up to 12 months.
Details of these contracts, values and anticipated timescales are available to view at:
To bid for a contract or contracts, interested parties should go to: https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/esop/pts-host/public/pts/web/login.html, and register if this has not already been done, and access the individual tender document using the project code provided. This can be found as a link in Section VI.3 of the contract notice.