Highway Care has announced two significant board appointments, following on from news of recent expansion plans and new partnership arrangements.
Ben Duncker will become its new Business Development Director, from August 3. Mr Ducker will focus on bringing new innovations to market, whilst also focusing on strategic growth in their International and Security sectors. He will be focusing on furthering the success of the companies Automated Cone Laying Machine and Swift-Gate Automated Taper innovations, the Road Zipper Moveable Barrier, and Instaboom incursion gates, which has also seen Ben appointed to the Board of Solar Gates UK. In addition he will also focus on the expansion of their latest innovative steel barrier, HighwayGuard®, launching this product into North America and Australasia.
Miles Boyd also joins the company as Commercial Director to focus on Highway Care’s UK Highways business, also from August 3. The company is pleased to welcome Mr Boyd to Highway Care. He brings with him 18 years of industry experience, including eight years from Hill and Smith, where he developed extensive knowledge of highway safety products, global standards and working relationships with many of their key customers, and strategic partners.
This increased focus on the company’s UK Highways business is extremely timely and important as it coincides with both early signs of recovery in the UK highways industry following the Coronavirus lockdown and with the expansion of its range of products, services and partnerships.
Highway Care is focused on growth and delivering its mission to be a global leader in highway and physical security solutions.
Some of the company’s products include:
- HighwayGuard Barrier, its latest innovative MASH TL4 barrier, designed and developed with 20 years industry feedback and knowledge from their first product, BG800®. It has been successfully tested and approved for countries adopting the new higher MASH containment standards. The barrier features innovative connections and a slim nested profile, dramatically improving shipping, installation and removal efficiencies providing their customers with long term savings over conventional steel and concrete barriers.
- Automated Cone Laying Machine, supported by the Highways England Innovation Fund, this project aims to dramatically improve roadworker safety, both in terms of reducing manual handling and repetitive strain injuries as well as reducing accident related deaths and injuries. Highway Care hope to have the product approved and commercially available for 2021 following a final round of trialling and refinement through the summer.
- Swiftgate, automated taper solution being championed by Highway Care and Kier through the Highways England Innovation Fund as a safer and faster alternative to laying cones on stretches of road where there are regular closures.
- Road Zipper, building on the news that this product has been selected as the solution for managing Operation Stack on the M20 in Kent the company hopes to build further traction in the UK for the use of this system as a means of managing tidal flow traffic and contra-flow where longer term requirements exist.
- Instaboom – following its investment in Solar Gates UK, to further develop and expand the market for Highway Care’s highway products, particularly for the innovative, award-winning Instaboom, the UK’s market leading workzone access control gate with integrated over-height detection.