The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead has started its search for contractors that can deliver its highways services contract.
The lots are:
- Lot 1 Highway Maintenance and Capital Works, worth £112m
- Lot 2 Street Cleansing, worth £21m
- Lot 3 Highway, Transport and Bridge Professional Services, worth £5.6m
- Lot 4 Traffic Signals and ITS Maintenance, worth £0.7m
Lot 1 is the core reactive, routine, and planned highway maintenance services contract and will include:
- co-ordination and programme of highway repairs
- general civil engineering projects including cycleways, footway maintenance, drainage infrastructure and safety barriers and integrated transport schemes
- responding to highway incidents, emergency or safety defects following customer reports including structures
- emergency response 24/7 including on-call availability
- high friction surfacing, lining and other surface treatments (including replacement of markings as appropriate
- routine, reactive and planned maintenance of safety barriers
- winter service (including route planning provision of staff and vehicles)
- drainage inspections and inspections for minor repairs/projects and works programming
- support for special events
- collaboration with all other service lot providers
- streetworks permitting, including road closures, footpath closures, parking suspensions and works related to section 81 and other streetworks regulations.
The core highway maintenance contract also includes support for special events. Bidders can apply for between one and three lots but cannot apply for Lot 1 and Lot 3 together.
Potential bidders can express an interest via the eSourcing portal.
Each lot will run for a maximum of 14 years, based on an initial seven years with an option for two extensions – the first extension is for four years and the second for three years,
The deadline for receipt of tenders is 1pm on 4 July.
The full contract notice is at: Highway Services – Find a Tender (find-tender.service.gov.uk)