The location data and technology platform HERE Technologies has announced new partners for its free mobile navigation application, HERE WeGo.
It says with additional options beyond pure navigation from A to B, HERE WeGo will offer a comprehensive end-to-end journey experience for people on the go.
It says new options being added this quarter include adding Lyft ridesharing options to its routeplanning results and accommodation reservations through Booking.com as well as embedded bus ticketing and fuel payment.
“We are excited to introduce new partners to the refreshed HERE WeGo experience. Their individual strengths and capabilities will help to make HERE WeGo a comprehensive trip companion”, said Jørgen Behrens, SVP and Chief Product Officer at HERE Technologies. “As strong believers in a cooperative approach around mobility, we are looking forward to add even more partners and options to HERE WeGo in 2022.”
HERE WeGo is a free navigation app that guides local and global travellers on journeys both familiar and foreign. Built with a privacy-first mindset, users don’t have to create an account and opt-in to data sharing with HERE to calculate routes and navigate with the app.
HERE says HERE WeGo offers:
- Voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for 126 countries in 38 languages;
- Real-time traffic information for 58 countries, including traffic-related routing;
- Alternative routes for more flexible trip planning;
- Rest areas along a highway prompt for convenient rest during the trip;
- Speed limit alerts for enhanced road safety;
- Lane assistance for more precise guidance at junctions and motorway exits;
- Spatial audio through integrated 3D audio technology from Mach1, enhancing the orientation and situation awareness of the driver for a better guidance experience;
- Adding way points to create multi-stop trips;
- Fuel prices display (available in certain countries) help find most attractive fuel station;
- Integration of Apple CarPlay;
- Support of offline experience, from maps and search to route calculation and navigation;
- Public transit information in more than 1600 cities in over more than 60 countries;
- Shortcuts for frequent destinations;
- Collections to save and organize favorite places; and
- Easy sharing of locations.
HERE WeGo is available for free as a download via the the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and the Huawei App Gallery.