A High Court judge should rule today (Monday 31 October) on Transport for London’s request to let them take legal action against more than 180 people who’re thought to be involved in Just Stop Oil protests.
London’s Evening Standard newspaper reports that lawyers have told Mr Justice Freedman on Thursday that since the start of October “protest activity” has “very largely focused” on London roads.
They told the judge at a High Court hearing in London that the “deliberate blocking” of roads caused serious disruption and created a “risk to life”.
The paper explains that earlier this month another High Court judge granted an injunction against 62 named “defendants” and against “persons unknown” and Mrs Justice Yip’s order barred the blocking of specified roads in London. It adds that lawyers told Mr Justice Freedman that TfL wanted to take legal action against a further 121 named people, bringing the total number of named defendants to 183
Mr Justice Freedman is due to deliver a ruling on TfL’s application and has already ruled that the injunction granted by Mrs Justice Yip should remain in place.
(Picture – Just Stop Oil website)